The Delhi High Court issued a notice of contempt to the Center for failing to comply with the order. The Supreme Court had agreed to hear the Central Government’s petition filed against the contempt notice issued by the Delhi HC due to its compliance with the order of supply of oxygen in the capital.
A hearing was held on Thursday in the Supreme Court regarding the supply of oxygen for the treatment of Kovid-19 patients. The contempt notice of the Delhi High Court against the central government was stayed by the apex court on Wednesday. The Delhi High Court issued a notice of contempt to the Center for failing to comply with the order. The Supreme Court is hearing petitions related to a range of issues, including lack of oxygen, in the national capital amid growing cases of corona infection. Know all the updates related to this news here.
– The Center has submitted a detailed report to the Supreme Court on the purchase and supply of oxygen to various states. The central government said that oxygen audit is needed. Solicitor General Tushar Mehta, who appeared in the court on behalf of the central government, said that Delhi’s demand for 700 metric tons of oxygen is not right.
Court said to the Center, you have to look at the issue of oxygen supply in the whole country. Oxygen audit is needed. Also, re-allocation of oxygen should be re-evaluated. Will be able to handle the third wave of Corona if you are ready.
– The Center informed the CART that the oxygen storage capacity of hospitals in Delhi is 400 MT. On Wednesday, 780 MT of oxygen was supplied to Delhi. This is more than his capacity.
– In contrast, the Supreme Court has directed Delhi to provide 700 metric tons of oxygen. A bench of Justice DY Chandrachud said that Delhi should be given such oxygen.
– The top court asked many questions to the central government. Said, there is a lot of pressure on the health professionals. How will you ensure a better health care facility? What will you do when the health professionals have stopped in the third wave?
– The Supreme Court has expressed concern over the third wave of Corona. He has said that it can have an effect on children. What will parents do if their children are infected? Children should also be considered in the vaccination.
– Justice Chandrachud said that many scientists report that the third face may start. If the children are affected, how will the parents do, stay in the hospital or what will they do. What is the plan, vaccination should be done, we need to deal with it.
– Justice Chandrachud said that we are not saying that it is the fault of the Center, we want to deal with the third wave in a scientifically planned manner.